Links & Resources
- Mayo Clinic offers Alexander Technique
- The British Medical Journal: Teachers and students speak about the long-term impact Alexander Technique has on sufferers of back pain: Part I, Part II
- The Alexander Technique: Musician’s Method for Improvement
Balk, Malcolm and Andrew Shields. (2007). Master the Art of Working Out: Raising Your Performance with the Alexander Technique. London: Collins & Brown.
Holladay, Sue (2012). Playing with Posture: Positive Child Development Using the Alexander Technique. London: HITE Limited.
Machover, Ilana and Angela & Jonathan Drake (1993). The Alexander Technique Birth Book: A Guide to Better Pregnancy, Natural Birth and Parenthood. New York: Sterling.
Nettl-Fiol, Rebecca & Luc Vanier (2011). Dance and the Alexander Technique: Exploring the Missing Link.Urbana: University of Illinois Press.
Nicholls, Carolyn (2008). Body, Breath & Being. Sussex, England: D&B Publishing.
Shaw, Steven (2009). Master the Art of Swimming: Raise Your Performance with the Alexander Technique. London: Collins & Brown.
- March 28, 2011 NPR: “Alexander Technique: A Balm For Back Pain?” by Sarah Varney
- August 3, 2011 New York Times:“To Relieve Tension: Mind the Spine, But Do Not ‘Relax’: Alexander Technique Instructor Began With Buddhism”